The Contest will take place in two stages
. Quality test via Internet (July 1 - October 10, 2013) and the final of the Contest at ZooSphere
exhibition in St. Petersburg (November 20 - November 23, 2013).
1. Anybody can be a member of the quality test, rules are the same for everyone, regardless of nationality, ethnicity and place of residence.
2. Participant of the quality test should fill in an application form before October 10, 2013. The form should contain frontal photo of an aquarium for the Contest. The photo must show the overall dimensions of the aquarium including lights. Cropping photos before publication on the website will be done by the organizing committee.
3. Aquarium shown on pictures should belong to the contestant and should be set up by the contestant. To confirm the authorship the contestant should upload to the application form a photo with the author next to the setup aquarium or confirm the authorship in any other way. This picture is only for the organizing committee and will not be published on the Contest website.
4. The aquarium should belong to one of five categories: North America, South America, Africa, Eurasia, Australia and Oceania. Each participant can submit one entry in each category. One aquarist may submit 5 entries for a quality test. The organising committee has the right to refuse admitting entries that do not meet certain requirements. For example, aquariums with elements not belonging to the specified biotope (e.g. Malavi cichlids in South American biotope).
5. Participants in the quality test should submit three additional photos of the aquarium, for example, from the side, aquarium in the interior or inhabitants of the aquarium. There should be not more than 3 additional photos.
6. We accept only photos taken specially for this Contest using digital camera with a resolution of at least 5 megapixels as JPEG. The size of the file should not be more than 2 megabytes. Blurry, fuzzy pictures and photos with clearly visible defects will not be accepted.
7. Using image editors is not allowed. Only the size of the file can be altered to be not more than 2 megabytes. If members of the organizing committee or members of the jury suspect using editing techniques, the contestant will be disqualified immediately. Asking Internet users and members of the jury to vote for a certain aquarium is not allowed. The results will be carefully analyzed. The results of the jury voting are open and will be published after the quality test.
8. Since October 10 till October 20 members of the jury
will vote. All photos will be numbered and shown without naming authors. The photos will be evaluated according to the judging criteria and guidelines
. The maximum score members of the jury can give is 50 points
. The final score will be determined summing up score given by al the members the jury.
1. The participant who takes the 1st place in one of the five categories goes to final. If the participant has taken the 1st place in several categories, he will set up an aquarium in the category, in which a participant who took the 2nd place has less points.
2. Till October 31 aquarist selected for the final should confirm or deny participation in the final. The participants from the other cities or countries selected for the final will be paid for accommodation and 200 EUR for travel expenses.
3. Till November 10
each final participant should send to the organizing committee the name and description of biotope, names of plants and animals, photos of natural biotope to fill in a special information table
about the aquarium.
5. In the final each participant on a special site will be given an aquarium, all the necessary equipment, decor and aquatic animals and plants for setting up a biotope aquarium.
6. Setting up of the final aquariums will be made since November 20 till November 22
. Vote of the visitors and members of jury will take place November 22-23
. Gift certificates
will be given to the winners November 23